Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, May 4, 2015

On The Road Again......

Kakosi everyone!  [That means 'hello' in Yugoslavia]  Yes, I met a man from Yugoslavia and yes, he took two Book of Mormons!  One for him and one for his friend J  

TRANSFER NEWS: I am getting transferred to Hamilton Mountain East!  I will have the opportunity to be able to train a new Sister Training Leader!  We will both be 'whitewashing' [both coming new into an area at the same time.]  We will have the opportunity to be the FIRST Sister Training Leaders in Hamilton!  It is a lot of responsibility, one that I am so excited for, it will be great!  I cannot wait to serve with Sister Coleman!

I went on one exchange this week….
 Sarnia: Sister Nabhan (about 2 hours west from Brantford)
Another fun exchange, Thanks Sister Womack!

In Sarnia, you can see the United States!  It's just right across the river…crazy!  I couldn't believe a river splits Canada and Michigan.  Anyways, Sister Nabhan is just so fun!  She has been out for six weeks now. Our day was awesome!  We went and visited one of their investigators who they haven't seen in a while and felt that we should go! We visited Tenisha and met her boyfriend Chris.  I began asking him questions and after one thing lead to another... We taught the entire Restoration! It was rock solid!  He said, "You mean Christ visited the Americas?  Did he visit anywhere else?  Do you have any more records?!" He got so excited. It was so fun to see someone who you wouldn't expect to be interested at all in the gospel, get so excited! He said, "Everything makes sense, I just need to accept it somehow." I responded, "Well Chris, You can and you're not alone.  Let us talk about prayer!" They both committed to baptism!  It was awesome.  Overall, it was a great exchange except one thing, we had to go to the hospital for Sister Nabhan's cough because it was getting worse and wasn't sounding good at all.  So we drove to London and took her to the hospital finding out that she has bronchitis.  I checked on her yesterday and she is getting better!  I loved exchanges with her! We saw several miracles.

I am sad that I'm leaving Brantford, because so many miracles will come about! Our investigator Matt is going to be baptized in a couple of weeks!! J He is awesome!! I never knew what to expect in Brantford from day to day, as it was always different!  I love the people here so much and the ward is so much fun.  I put my trust in the Lord and know that I am meant to go to Hamilton Mountain at this time to serve. 

This morning in personal study, I was reading Moroni 10:8-18 about Spiritual gifts and how earlier in my life, I wished I had all of them so that I could contribute fully.  But that’s not how it works.  God has given us specific gifts, personal gifts, to help us grow and to bless the lives of others.  One quote I put on my planner for this past transfer was this:

“I dream of being a Moses, an Esther, a Nephi – and despair that I don’t have that Greatness in me.  But then I remember – God doesn’t require Greatness, He requires faith, and some of us must have the faith to follow.”

How I love that!  I am who I am because God needs me that way.  Of course I need to improve.  I’m sure I’ll never be who I want to be, but that’s why He put us here.  If there was no need for progression, we wouldn’t be here.  This life is meant for something, to prepare us to meet Him again, and so with every trial that comes my way, instead of thinking “why me?” I am going to think “why not?”

 I love this Gospel with all my heart and LOVE the chance I have to share it with the people of Canada!  As I wake up each morning, I think to myself:

Wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love. ['Have I done Any Good':hymn #223]

One great ward mission leader, Brother
Hemans and his wife
I love that song so much!  It has really brought a new meaning to me in my life. As we work and serve, we will find a joy that is indescribable, one of eternal worth.  I love this quote from our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson, he said, "Every day of our lives we are given opportunities to show love and kindness to those around us."

A fun idea that I am doing this week is every time I serve someone, I am going to write it down. I will write down what I did and how I feel.  By the end of this week, I will look back and see the service in which I was able to render.  I encourage you to do the same as well! J You will always be on the lookout to serve and it will be a spiritual experience for you, I just know it. 

Thank you for all you do!  I can't wait for all of the crazy, fun, and spiritual adventures I will be having! 


Until next time...
Sister Robb

FUN FACTS: 
-Brantford is the city in which the telephone was made by Alexander Graham Bell!
-Hamilton City is where Batman was filmed for Gotham City! 


No comments:

Post a Comment