Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round....


Having a little fun in the snow!
I can say that I have survived the coldest February on record here in the Toronto area! With the wind chill, it is about -33 degrees Celsius on most days! Once this past week it hit -36... Now that's cold. But, all is well here in Canada for me, I have learned to “bundle” up and dress in multiple layers!

Some exciting news for this week!  I will be able to attend the temple this Thursday (March 5th) with Louis and Faye to receive their Endowments. What an exciting time it is!  I have been looking back to when I first met them in November... what an amazing opportunity it has been for me to be able to see them grow in the gospel and to apply those principles in their lives. They are so spiritual, and truly have the light of Christ shinning through them. They continue to tell us that they are so blessed to have the gospel and realizing this, has got them so excited to attend the temple and make those sacred covenants with Heavenly Father. I am truly so blessed to be able to have shared this experience with them and with the Savior, helping them walk to the temple. They are so excited and counting down the days to when they will be sealed for all time and eternity in October J  I love them both so much!

‪This week has been a test of my faith, but all is good.  We are working hard, trying to build up the area here in Ajax and it has been a bit difficult for some reason, I just can't seem to figure out why. Swaney (the man that came to church last week in the hip suit J) texted us the middle of last week and said that he would not be meeting us anymore, which is so sad; it happens though. So what do we do? Keep pushing forward and TALK WITH EVERYONE, ALWAYS. I looked at Sister Turley during planning and said, "Lets go crazy on the bus and talk with everyone tomorrow."

‪We boarded the bus and throughout the day I always carried a Book of Mormon in my hand.  While on the bus Saturday afternoon we began sharing the gospel and we were able to hand out 5 Book of Mormons within two hours!  I met a man from Nigeria, his name was Isaac.  I began telling him about the Restoration of the gospel and he looked down in my hand and asked what book I carried? I told him it's the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I began to show him the pictures in the front of the Book of Mormon and explain to him what it is, why we have it, and my testimony. During this time, a French man who sat not too far from Sister Turley in the back, was so upset at what I was doing he got up, walked to the front of the bus, and started talking to the bus driver in French. The driver just shrugged his shoulders and kept driving. The man walked back to his seat and sat down. Isaac and I didn't even seem to notice anything that was happening around us! Sister Turley told me about this after we had gotten off and I just couldn't help but laugh.  I am so grateful for the spirit that was felt "to block ourselves from the world" in a sense while I was having this teaching moment with one of Heavenly Father's children.  He began to tell me he lives in Whitby, so I gave him the church information for there and the sister missionaries information.  He said he will read 3 Nephi 11 and give the sisters a call when he's done. 

‪I also talked to an Italian lady on the bus and she said that I looked familiar and that I knocked on her door a while ago.  Funny huh! She's Italian and I was able to try and teach her again.  She took a Book of Mormon and got off the bus. Who knows what will happen! I love going on buses. They are the best!  I felt that each person I was able to give a Book of Mormon to was uplifted spiritually. It was so fun just to make people smile on the bus and help them enjoy life. Everyone was cold and it was dead silent on the bus, while I was standing up,  I looked at the Asian couple next to me and asked, "How has your Saturday been?" Everyone just looked at me. It was fun, because soon people started joining in on the conversation and telling me how their day was... The bus came to life J  I learned a valuable lesson, just by saying hello to people and noticing them that you can make a difference.  No one does that anymore.  It seems natural and easy for me, so that was fun. 

Helping the Elders in our zone clean out
the Oshawa South apartment that shut down
I just love being a missionary!  I truly wish that I could convey in words the joy that I feel as I serve my Savior, Jesus Christ. So unlearned, young, simple, and unqualified, God has called me, He has called you, to share His Gospel with all others. I was learning more about the Stripling Warriors. Did you know the word "stripling" just means young? I always thought it meant they were very strong. But young is all it means! I love how they had never fought before and had no experience yet they just knew that what they were doing was the right thing to do, and consequently, they conquered their task at hand with the help of our Heavenly Father. It doesn't matter how young or how unqualified or insecure or whatever else our stumbling block may be, if we own up to our task at hand with the help of our Heavenly Father, with our faith in our Savior evident in our words and deeds, we WILL conquer! How simple it is! Alone; we fail. With God; we win, every time. I don't know about you, but I'd like to win, especially if it means eternal life in the presence of our Heavenly Father. How sweet that knowledge is!

I am so excited to go to the temple this week and to continue to help my brothers and sisters by sharing the gospel.  The gospel is good news and makes me so happy! It gives me purpose and perspective.  I'll continue to do my best to help find those who are prepared for the gospel here in Ajax!  A quote I love from Gordon B. Hinkley says, "Our Eternal Father lives. He stands as the great God of the universe, ruling in majesty and power. And yet, He is my Father, to whom I may go in prayer with the assurance that He will hear, listen, and answer." 

‪Until next time...
‪Sister Robb


No comments:

Post a Comment