Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, March 23, 2015

I'm headed to Brantford....Exciting times ahead!!

What an incredible week!  First, here is the transfer news... I am now a Sister Training Leader!! J I will be heading to Brantford with Sister Mandla.  I am so fortunate to be serving as a leader over 16 other sister missionaries.  President Clayton called last night and told me that he needs me to help the mission and wants me to be a sister training leader.  I am so excited and feel so trusted by our Heavenly Father with this leadership position.  I cannot wait to serve with the other sisters and to learn and grow from them, and to stretch myself more than ever before. 

My trainer, Sister Shurtliff, with me and my Trainee,Sister Turley
This week we had zone conference!  It was so inspired and the spirit was so strong.  We also had the opportunity to attend the temple this week as a mission! The missionaries who are an hour and a half away from the temple were able to go this time, how grateful I was for the chance to be in the temple! So it was a great day, of course J We also helped a couple in Pickering move that the elders are teaching! We had a relief society activity to celebrate relief society in which I was able to help out with a musical number that went really well. There were a couple of non-members in attendance that teared up and it was obvious they were touched by the spirit when we were talking about struggles.  At the end we were able to talk with them and we asked if we could teach them and the two of them agreed!  They were taught a while ago, but the spirit works wonders!  Lots of fun little things that happened throughout the week!

We had a really cool experience with a member referral this week! We had dinner last week with Sister Ernstberger, an elderly Scottish lady, she couldn't think of anyone for us to teach while we had dinner with her.  At the end of a short message, we asked her again and she said we could try her next door neighbor named Anita. Why not?  So for the past week we have tried visiting her and her husband Rocky, who on the third time trying to speak with them, no one answered.  As we were walking away we heard someone calling out to us and we came back.  Anita was standing at the door. She then started to explain that she thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses and on the third time she knew that we weren't and wanted to talk to us. She said, "I told myself... There go those girls again. They must need to tell me something I need to hear." When she said this, my heart almost leaped out of my chest. I began to bear my testimony on the Restoration and eternal families. The spirit was so powerful that I began to tear up and her as well.  She said, "I know nothing about your church, but now I want to learn more. When can you come back?" I told her that was the perfect question J So the sisters are seeing her tomorrow! I am so excited for them. I truly am so grateful we had not given up on her, even if it was just a simple referral... I know each member referral is precious. Who knows, if we wouldn't have gone back again and just assumed they are never home... She wouldn't ever have the invitation to learn more about the gospel. I am so grateful for the promptings of the spirit in leading me what to say and to do. I have learned to never give up. EVER!! 

We also were stopping by some less-actives that we didn't have a phone number for, and ran into Shemar, a young black boy, probably 18 or 19 years old. He told us that the lady had moved and he is attending school right now. We told him our purpose and asked if we could come back to share a message and he agreed! We came back and began talking with him, planning on teaching the Restoration, he brought up how he just wishes life could be fair. We began talking about what he meant and he began to explain that his grandma, who had raised him like a mom, passed away two years ago. He misses her so much and just wishes he could bring her back and see her. Change of plans... The Plan of Salvation!  We taught it and it was such a great lesson! He was so comforted and said that he felt so peaceful during the lesson. In the end, I extended a baptismal invitation and he said yes!  So, we then passed him off to the YSA Elders--we had to. But you know what, I knew that the spirit was there testifying not only to Shemar but to me as well of the truthfulness of the Plan of Salvation. I know that the Plan of Salvation is truly the path that Heavenly Father has given us to return back to his presence. Without Christ being apart of the plan, there would be no plan. I am eternally grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, who suffered and died for each of us, so we can return back to live with our Father in Heaven. I know it to be true. 

I am so grateful I had the opportunity to serve in Ajax. I have learned so much about myself, but more about Jesus Christ.  There have been many, many times where I have been on my knees... relying on him and pouring my heart out to him. He does listen and answer our prayers. Ajax is so diverse! As I look at every person that I talk to or see on the bus, I see each of them as a child of God... My brother and sister. One of my favorite things about being a missionary is watching people discover who they really are - a son or daughter of our beloved Heavenly Father.  That relationship with Him is so personal and it fills me with so much joy as I see my brothers and sisters here in Ontario discover that relationship for themselves. I love how my "extended family's" experiences allow me to obtain greater strength in my testimony!  For that, I'll be forever grateful!

I love the gospel with all of my heart! It brings so much peace, joy, and happiness to my life and gives me purpose to everything I do. What a great week J I cannot wait for the many experiences, learning opportunities and people I will meet in Brantford!  Onward and Upward!!

Until next time...
Sister Robb



No comments:

Post a Comment