Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

We're All Shepherds

This week has been a bit of a slow week.  On the bright side, the weather has warmed up a bit, which  
has been so nice! Even though it's March break here in Canada, we are going full force spreading the good news of the gospel.

We found some less-actives in the ward who want to go back to church!  I felt like we should take some time to visit the less-actives on the ward list who don't have phone numbers and see if they moved.  In doing this, we did find some that have moved, but we found some potentials that we shared our purpose and our testimonies of the gospel with.  We then came across Sonia Merino from El Salvador who wasn't on the ward list, just her husband Luis Merino. When she opened the door after knocking, she invited us in and was just so happy to see us!  We were able to teach her part of the Plan of Salvation about our life here on earth with the Atonement.  She was so moved by the short and powerful lesson!  The spirit was so strong in the room and she basically begged us to come back again!  We visited them a couple of days ago and met Luis who is just the funniest guy.  We are seeing her and her husband again today, so that was a great find.  Sonia kept telling us that Luis and her want to go back to church but it's an on and off thing and they need a bit of help.  I told her with confidence, that we are the right people to help them!

We also met a young man named Andre while tracting.  We basically shared the entire restoration lesson with him on his doorstep and gave him a Book of Mormon that he said he is excited to read fromJ  He said that he has heard of Mormons but never the Book of Mormon!  He is great and we are fortunate to be able to go back and follow up seeing him today which will be great. 

This week I have been thinking about how Christ is a shepherd.  In Luke 15:4-5 it says, "What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing." I am always turned back to the picture of Christ holding the little baby sheep in his arms. I then think, what qualities does a good shepherd have?  We are all shepherds. I know that Jesus Christ is our shepherd and that we are continuing to find our brothers and sisters who are lost.  Are we rejoicing like Christ when we go out of our way to find and help?  Sharing the gospel is joyful! J Truly, it does bring us so much happiness.  I know this to be true because I have never been happier in my life than now.    

This Gospel is so true!  Nothing brings me greater joy! I know that this is God's work, were it not, I would not be feeling the tremendous emotions I experience every day I work harder than I've ever worked in my life.  His Truth is restored, and He wants all to know of it, therefore, I want all to know the Truth as well! Let's share it with each other, for I know that this is the only way that we can return to live our Father in Heaven, and how beautiful that knowledge is!!! We have the truth, now let's go share it with all we know and love!

Until next time...

Sister Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment