Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, February 23, 2015

Pure Eternal Joy

Beautiful, Snowy, Canada!


What a great week! Truly, the work is beginning and continuing to roll forth here in Ajax!  From jump starting people's car, and shoveling driveways, I am grateful for snow. It may sound weird, but it's true!  In doing service for people, we have found a couple of potential investigators! Overall, we were able to find 17 new potential investigators! Through much work, service, faith, and love, the end result is fantastic! So I’m a bit excited about that and cannot wait to see miracles take place in the future!

‪Here is a story that just touches my heart that happened last week. Remember a lady by the name of Sher? The day when I felt prompted to call her and she said, "I am so grateful you called me. This made my entire week. It gives me goosebumps to think that you just felt that you needed to call me. Thank you."  Well, great news, we were actually able to see her! Sher is going through some really hard things in her life: her mom has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and only has two months to live, her catering business is not doing well, she is currently going through a divorce and is trying to take care of her 6 year old girl alone.  I loved our visit!  She is so amazing and so spiritual.  We just listened to her, comforted her, and brought her some hope through the gospel.  At the end we were able to go upstairs to meet her mom who has the terminal cancer!  She is a 80-90 year old and is just this frail, bony lady who just loves Jesus J Sher had to go so it was just us with her mom.  Unfortunately, she was in a lot of pain.  It was so hard to see her just pointing to her stomach and saying that she hurts and then would just look at me, with her eyes pleading to help her.  I felt so useless and I couldn't do anything to help her pain.  So, I picked up her hand and rubbed her back while we talked to her. She looked up at me and asked if I could sing to her... So I did.  I could barely hold back the tears while I sang "I Am a Child of God". The spirit was so strong.  It was so tangible that you could feel it. We talked about when Christ visits the Americas in the Book of Mormon and she told us that it was a lovely story. "As long as it's Jesus" she would say. At the end of being with her, you could tell that she was more calm and feeling a little better. She looked at me and said, "You're an angel... I'm not in pain anymore. Thank you, Thank you." As we gave her a hug on the way out, she didn't want to let go of me. What a tender experience it was to be able to be with her and to love and help one of Heavenly Father's children. 

‪We had a lesson with Ogai Abungawo! She was the referral from last year that we visited who wanted a bible.  While there, the spirit was so strong.  We went there--completely guided by the spirit--and taught her. We were surprised to find ourselves talking about the Book of Mormon with her and the Plan of Salvation. We explained the Book of Mormon and how they support one another.  One cool experience was that after dong so, I bore my testimony of how the Book of Mormon answers my questions of what happens after we die and where I will be going.  She asked me what happens!  I was able to tell her and share with her a couple of scriptures... Then she told us that her uncle had passed away a couple of weeks ago and she just wanted to know. What a powerful lesson! We had no idea that had happened to her! She said she will begin to read the Book of Mormon J I walked out of the lesson and I looked and Sister Turley and said, "What just happened?" and couldn't stop smiling. I am truly so blessed to be able to witness the power of the spirit helping me to teach others, strengthen their faith and testimony in Jesus Christ, and not just to share them lesson. What a miracle! 

‪Lastly, Swaney came to church yesterday!! J We called him on Saturday to remind him about church and his ride, he told us he'd wear a suit and he did! He wore this "goldish-matted" colored suit with a purple shirt and tie! Ha-ha, It was so great! Everyone welcomed him so nicely and he was answering questions in Gospel Principles about the Gathering of Israel, It was awesome.  He told us in the end that church was a bit different, but that he liked it!  He should be coming to church next week and we will continue to teach him.  OH! And along with Swaney, we will be teaching a lady named Ruby who we have been keeping in touch with, who is a co-worker of a member in the ward! It's so great!  

‪Last week was full of little blessings that I can't put all into a letter.  It's hard to explain, I felt like I was getting glimpses of what pure 'eternal' joy is J I know I am here for a reason and I have seen so many changes come to me as an individual. I have seen it countless times in other people's lives that I have come in contact with.  I am changed! The gospel has truly opened up my mind and myself spiritually.  It's true that when you loose yourself in the service of others, you find yourself.  I have found myself, linking arms with my Heavenly Father on my side.  It's so great! 

‪I love this quote from Neil L. Andersen, who said, "If you're not a full-time missionary with a missionary badge pinned on your coat, now is the time to paint one on your heart--painted, as Paul said, 'not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God.' " How true that is!  I know that I'm not going to be a full-time missionary who wears my badge all of my life sadly, and I can't believe that I have been serving for almost 8 months now, but no matter what, I am so fortunate to have the gospel in my life.  How sweet is my joy and the truth of the gospel that it brings!  It's sooo joyous!! We have the glass full of water always in front of us that we can drink from daily, so when we have the chance to help other people find water, Do it! Those who "wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it" (Amos 8:12). The gospel is RESTORED! We have the knowledge! Let us share the water with those who are needing it and searching for it J Maybe they don't even know that they are missing it.  Please don't be afraid, I promise and know that Heavenly Father will bless you. I have seen the Lord's hand in all that I do! Most people are afraid, so try telling Heavenly Father about it! He hears and answers prayers and will help you overcome your fears. The gospel is true because I have prayed to know for myself if these things are true.  Indeed it is J Sorry for the ranting, but I just felt that I needed to say this!  Can't wait for another amazing week!

‪Until next time...

‪Sister Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment