Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sisters To The Rescue!

Sacpase! (Hello in Creole)

HAPPY FAMILY DAY!!  That's right!  Here in good 'ol Canada, they actually have a family day!  How great is that??  I now wonder why America doesn't have this splendid holiday.  Why not?  I mean, we celebrate mothers, fathers, and grandparents day, so why not the family as a whole, eh?  Yesterday this holiday was celebrated and that is why P day is today instead of yesterday.  It was a great day for us missionaries, because as we did some tracking, we found almost everyone home with their family!!  So we have Family Day! A time to spend with our loved ones. What a great holiday!


Testing a "snowfort" at a members house,
-18 degrees, Yes, skirt and all!!
The weather has been frigid and bitter this past week. It got down to about -25 degrees Celsius and with the wind it was even colder!  The elders have called us twice to jump start their car since it's been so cold.  When we saw them we proclaimed, “Sisters to the rescue!” People thought we were crazy while we were out and about teaching and keeping our appointments, but I have been called by a prophet of God to share what I know... I know that the church is true (even in the freezing cold)! J 

There were a few funny moments this week that I thought I would share:
*Sister Turley asked whose door we were knocking on and I said, "His name is Steve." 10 seconds later a man opens up the door and I said, "Hi Greg.....Oh I'm so sorry. Steve!" We had quite a fun laugh all together.  (It’s important to be able to laugh at myself.)
*We were visiting potentials and saw the name Chris on our list.  We decided to make a visit. When he answered the door, he was Chinese!  He just sat there and only spoke Chinese!  I tried giving him a Book of Mormon but he doesn't read English either. While walking away I told Sister Turley, "I should have prayed for the gift of tongues!" We had a good laugh and then the very next person we met spoke Spanish!  I love being a missionary J  It's great to reflect back on the week and just think of small moments that make life so great!

Louis and Faye received their patriarchal blessings on Tuesday! When we saw them, and right when Faye saw me she gave me a giant Filipino hug.  She said that she couldn't stop crying during her patriarchal blessing and felt that Heavenly Father was laying his hands on her head. She is just the cutest!  Louis said that he had a tender experience as well. What a great joy it is to help someone progress in the gospel. They are both excited to go and do baptisms and to receive their endowments on March 5th. They will not be getting sealed until October 1st because they need to be legally married for one year.  Overall, the joy I feel is hard to explain. I know that Heavenly Father truly does love his children and I feel so privileged to see glimpses of it throughout my day as a missionary. 


I realized this morning in my personal study that our Father's Plan is so much bigger than we can presently see. It's so much bigger than simply living commandments, it's bigger than merely not smoking, or not drinking, or keeping yourself pure, or paying your tithing. It's all for a reason and it's all a part of His plan. Not one of us is less important in His Plan than another, there's just different responsibilities, each one tailored specifically for us and our personal growth. I would invite you to utilize that growth! In doing so, you will have accomplished that which the Lord had intended you to become from that experience. I testify that our Savior lives! He suffered in pain, emotionally, physically, spiritually, for who knows how many people so that we might live. Let us not leave that precious gift untouched!  I testify that Christ died for you. If you do not believe that, then, at this one moment in your life, don't think of the person next to you or in the other room, but look in the mirror, look at you.  Let the reality of the Atonement of Jesus Christ sink deep into your soul and know, without question, that Jesus is the Christ, your Savior and Redeemer! Satan would have you believe that Christ didn't die for you, that you're just not good enough. But that is not true!  He surely died for everyone!  This is for ALL, especially for you!  When you know that yourself, then are you able to share it with all, and bless their lives deeper than you ever thought possible. This is the Plan of Salvation, the Plan of Happiness, the Plan of Peace, the Plan of Truth, the Plan of God! There is no other way, and although it's hard, although it's bumpy, it's still straight! Continue on the path and angels will watch over you, I testify to that from experience! There is so much reverence in my heart to my Father in Heaven and His Restored Gospel, and in Him trusting me, as imperfect as I am, to be a mouthpiece here in Ajax, Ontario, Canada, and you in your respective assignment!

I love the gospel with all of my heart.  The Atonement is real and I am so grateful I have a lifetime to study, to learn and to live it!

Until next time...
Sister Robb



No comments:

Post a Comment