Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

Faith, Hope & Love

This week I learned a lot about the spirit and I know that everything that I was able to experience was for a reason--it strengthened my testimony of our individual worth and that He KNOWS us perfectly.

I went on exchanges last week with the Markham Cantonese sisters!! I thought Chinese was interesting, but Cantonese is a whole new world!  There are nine dialects (I believe)!  The only words I was able to say were, "I know that is true." in Cantonese. Yes, it took a lot of practice, but I was able to get it.  Here are some neat experiences I had!

While on exchanges, we taught a really neat lesson to one of their investigators William, in English. He is 17 years old and we had the opportunity to talk about the sacrament and how he can deepen his testimony of Christ through the sacrament.  He attends every week and I know will be baptized someday after he turns 18 J One really neat experience we had was when I pulled out my pocketsize, hymn book and read "As Now We Take the Sacrament" [hymn 169]. In the song it talks about:
LINE (1) Why we partake of the sacrament
LINE (2) What we do while partaking of the sacrament
LINE (3) What we do after partaking of the sacrament
William was really silent and said he had never thought of the sacrament like that.  We ended off with the scripture D&C 138:1-4
"I sat in my room pondering over the scriptures; And reflecting upon the great atoning sacrifice that was made by the Son of God, for the redemption of the world; And the great and wonderful love made manifest by the Father and the Son in the coming of the Redeemer into the world; That through his atonement, and by obedience to the principles of the gospel, mankind might be saved."
I know what President Joseph F. Smith said is true!  The scriptures and spirit are really the key in unlocking personal revelation for our lives.  I have done this as I read more about Christ and pray after my studies, the spirit has confirmed to me that Jesus Christ is truly our Savior.  Heavenly Father loves us unconditionally and that as we live the gospel and are obedient to the commandments and our covenants, we will one day return to live with them again J

It was also interesting to sit in a language lesson and to really see the spirit work with those we get to teach.  As I focused in as hard as I could and paid attention to the spirit, there was a time in the lesson that the spirit came suddenly while Sister Chu was talking and went away.  At the end of the day I was so physically and spiritually drained……It was the best!! 

Last week was Sister Jensen's birthday!  I woke up and thought, she's going to have the best mission birthday ever!!  Lots of people were able to call and text her that day, we went out to a surprise sushi lunch with our district, and she received countless letters and hugs throughout the entire week J She is still getting wished happy birthday!  She's just the cutest, and I love serving and learning from her!

Another great present was Zone Conference! Wow!  We really focused on the spirit and bringing it into our lessons even more!  We had some really incredible role plays and when I said the first vision, it brought me to tears (as well with the elders... shh...). Haha.  I just love recognizing the spirit and feeling the love that Heavenly Father has for his children!  There was so much that was talked about that has really just refined me as a missionary J I am so grateful for Heavenly Father in inspiring those who talked and to share their message with us. 

Saturday was the women's broadcast and I loved everything that was said! Wow.  I loved when Sister Wixom said, "He knows who you can become!  He needs YOU. You need HIM!" I have really come to learn that as I have relied on Heavenly Father every single day.  He's the one that truly helps the people here as I am just an instrument for him, it's incredible to see.  Most of all, I learned from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf about FAITH, HOPE & LOVE.  As we increase our faith, our hope and brightness will uplift our spirits and we will have greater confidence to face those challenges we face and will love and come closer to our Heavenly Father.  I can testify that what he shared is a very special message and is one that needs to be shared. 

Increase your faith in Christ as you study the scriptures, pray for faith, and go to the temple.  The hope that will be created will be an eternal anchor in our life, not allowing us to sway and will help us overcome doubts and darkness.  As we push the door of darkness with our faith and hope, we will open the door to feel the pure love that Heavenly Father has for each of us.

Conference will be great this weekend and I am so excited!  I know it's going to be a very special one.

Until next time...
Sister Robb


No comments:

Post a Comment