Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

"Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together"

So many deep, rooted feelings were planted this week that really expanded my vision and broadened my testimony of the Savior and the love that Heavenly Father has for all of his children.

Fall is here, and the colors are beautiful!
At MLC this week, we learned about the Work of Salvation in a physical display of how it's an incredible, eternal reaction that reaches out to all of God's children. We did a yarn activity where there were 'people' in the story involved who the missionaries were seeing--an investigator, a family whose husband is less-active and married to a non-member, a recent convert, etc. The missionaries were connected to these individuals by a string. The Work of Salvation was then in place to help the missionaries connect with the ward through ward council and then have the ward council help fellowship to support and find growth to more people in the ward for these individuals. During this role-play, I was the recent convert who was baptized last year! The missionaries shared a lesson and said in the beginning to pay attention to the spirit in the lesson to feel of any impressions of anyone that can benefit from this message. After the lesson, I thought of my sister who will be moving to Canada in two weeks and wants to learn more about Christ! The missionaries then took that and just began making connections in the ward.  All in all... The end result was INCREDIBLE!! Every single missionary was connected in some way.  When President said, "This is the Lord's vision where we will all be connected and rise together." After he said that, each of us automatically raised our hands in the air with the string in our hands. I felt the spirit so strong and I knew that everything that has been displayed and put into place has confirmed to me again and again is what the Lord needs the Canada Toronto mission to do. It's hard to explain, but I do know that this truly is heavenly inspiration that is received and gave me a glimpse of how all of Heavenly Father's children are connected one with another.  It's incredible!! President Clayton said in the meeting, "I don't know why this mission is different... But I DO know this, He is saying USE ME!" I just love it!

The meeting was incredible and I feel so fortunate to be able to learn so much! For me personally, I learned more about the spirit... Not only in me, but in everyone.  Being able to serve a mission has really broadened my view of other's spirits and seeing them that way. I know that this has been possible to me from much prayer, study, and linking arms with our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love the restored gospel with all of my heart and what I love more is sharing that with others! 

Now for miracle time!! We met with Sandra and Sheryl last week and after walking in and giving Sheryl a hug I said, "How is the ginseng?  Has that helped in replacing coffee?" She said, "Sister Robb, I quit cold turkey.  I haven't had coffee for a week." I was blown away!! We began talking about it and she is incredible. She said the first day was the hardest, the second and third day she had a headache, and the fourth day she was good.  Sheryl decided to walk up 11 flights of stairs to avoid the coffee at work when she walks in!! AH!! When Sister Jensen and I sat down with them both, you could just see it in their countenance's that they are more at peace and that the gospel is truly blessing their life. We talked about baptism for the rest of the time.  Now, we just have to teach tithing next J   I'll keep you updated!

Here is an incredible experience that brought me to tears. Eghbal--our ESL student--from Iran is learning the gospel. We got in contact with the Farsi Elders and told them about Eghbal and set up a time to have them teach him more [just so he understands better and is more comfortable] We met at the church and had the opportunity of sitting in with the Farsi Elders talking with Eghbal.  The language is out of this world! [By the way... There is no MTC training for Farsi. It's the mission field] Eghbal began to explain that he is leaving next month to go back to Iran and will come back in 5-6 months. After the elders told him more about the Book of Mormon, he said, "Sisters... You understand that if I take this book and they find it in the airport, they will hang me..." I had learned that it's very dangerous for Muslims to go back to their home country... But this took on a whole new meaning.  Someone that I know and love to pieces--like Eghbal—well let’s say it broke my heart to think about such a thing. My respect for the Farsi Elders and their calling that many lives truly are in their hands and respect for Eghbal and those who learn. It brought tears to my eyes after Sister Jensen and I talked about it in the car and I was blown away and in awe.  I have a deeper understanding and such love for my Freedom to worship.

During Saturday's general conference, Eghbal wrote a note and passed it to me.  I looked at the note and it said, "Sister Robb, how can I get many talks of this in Farsi on CD to listen to? I would like to hear them again." As I looked down at the note, it brought a smile to my face. He is so great! 

General Conference was truly incredible. It was perfect timing in my life and I am eternally grateful for the speakers and the spirit that was felt.  I was pillow talking with Sister Jensen last night when we had more time to speak about conference. I asked her, "Did you notice the different feel of conference this time than others?" It was interesting to talk about it and realize that this conference truly was special.  Conference was incredible and it did have a different feel! It was as if everyone took a step outside of the 'conference' bubble... And it was more light. The things that were learned are there and placed.  We need to make the conscious effort to reach for them and apply them in our life, to ACT on what we were taught.  I am so grateful for all that was said and it inspired me to become better and refine myself as a daughter of God so that was great. [I hope that makes sense... It's hard through typing] I learned so much from conference! Words cannot describe all that was learned, but that my spirit was touched and I cannot wait to apply the things I learned.  My testimony was strengthened, and my goal is to become a more refined disciple of Jesus Christ J

The scripture I chose this week to “ponderize” is D&C 100:4, "Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls." This section is the great Canadian section where Joseph Smith and Sydney Rigdon travel.  I know that I have been called here fore a reason and I cannot wait to read, ponder, pray, and learn more about this sacred scripture and what Heavenly Father wants to teach me. I am here for the salvation of souls :) I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

What an incredible week!
Until next time,
Sister Robb


President Monson has said, “Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together…” 

No comments:

Post a Comment