Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, June 8, 2015

The Spirit Speaks, I Listen...

BUSIEST WEEK EVER! I am so spiritually, physically, and mentally drained... But it was a week filled with much happiness! So you can say that Sister Coleman and I make a great pair J 

TUESDAY: While on exchanges, we stopped by a lady who is a friend of a member to see her and she is AWESOME! Her name is Amanda. The first thing she said when she sat down was, "Can you tell me more about the Book of Mormon?" We smiled and said we would love to. We pulled out the Restoration pamphlet to give her and she said, "Wait! I've gotten pamphlets like this before while I worked at a gas station. A lady would come in each week and give me something new each week and I remember reading this one!" WHAT! We taught the Restoration and before we even get into Joseph Smith, she said, "Wait... The pattern of prophets make sense... Why isn't there one today? Wait... IS THERE ONE?!" She began to just get so excited! We laughed and laughed! By the end of the lesson, she wanted to go on lds.org and read all about Tomas S. Monson. We are going back again this week and we are so excited! She is so much fun! 

Later, a member called us to come help with a service project, to help elderly people do water colors. We went and I sat with this lady who saw my name tag and said, "So... Tell me about your church!" As she water colored, we talked and talked.  The sisters (while I was away on an exchange) went and helped her garden and she asked even more questions!  I am so grateful for the opportunity to do service projects like that and to share the gospel J How neat! She is just hilarious too and kept saying, "No way, you've got to be kidding me... reeeally?!" I couldn't help but laugh and laugh.

WEDNESDAY: We had MLC and we learned so much! We learned that the church headquarters get together once or twice a year and talk about 'Prophetic Priorities' that need to be discussed and take an action plan for the entire world. This year, the ONLY prophetic priority is 'The Sabbath Day Observance and Attendance'. We learned so much about the Sabbath day and what we need to do for members, non-members, less-actives, and our investigators to help them do this.  Since being on my mission, I now realize 'fully' the importance of the Sabbath day... It has really changed my whole perspective of Sundays and has really increased my faith in Jesus Christ and I am more spiritually prepared and filled throughout my entire week.

THURSDAY: We had a zone council and Sister Coleman and I had the opportunity to be able to teach the missionaries in our zone what we learned about the 'Sabbath Day-Prophetic Priority'.  It was incredible to feel and see the spirit grow in the room! Missionaries stood up after we asked them what they learned and they were all excited to help others see the same thing. They bore powerful testimonies in the end and it strengthened my testimony that the prophet and apostles truly do know what the world needs today. I am just so grateful to be an instrument to help others to see this happen and bring it into their own lives. What was special at this zone council was that the ward mission leaders and the ward missionaries came in the stake and it was packed! I feel like missionary work and the wards are beginning to connect in a way that hasn't in the past.  It's so exciting!

FRIDAY: I was able to go on exchanges with cute, little Simcoe again with Sister Urie!  She is absolutely incredible. We had a killer day! We were so blessed to be able to find 5 new investigators! One of whom was a lady named Carol. We were driving in the car and I pulled out their former investigators and found a part-member family who the husband is less-active and wife is not a member. We both felt we should stop by and I am so grateful we did! We talked with her and learned that her husband just had a stroke not too long ago and has been struggling a bit. He was asleep when we first arrived so we had the opportunity to talk to Carol. Afterward, we sang to her and she said the closing prayer. She grabbed our hands and said, "Dear God, we have been wondering where the Mormons have been since my husband is sick and they are here now. Thank you for sending them to us." It was such an incredible experience! The exchange was full of miracles, laughs, and uplifting experiences through teaching. 

SATURDAY: We went to the temple with Tammy Blake! She is a recent convert and we were able to attend the (recent convert) temple trip! AH!  It was sooo incredible! It was her first time seeing the temple! When we got in the temple, in the waiting room was MAVIS!!! (The Jamaican lady when I served in Ajax that got baptized while I was there that I was so blessed to find... crazy story). She was there! I looked at her and gave her a giant hug and she began to cry.  We just hugged. She looked at me and said, "I thank YOU... Without you... I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be baptized. I wouldn't be able to help my mother and sister enter the waters of baptism either. Thank you!!" And gave me another giant hug. As we sat there watching all of the recent converts do baptisms for the dead, I began to tear up and felt the spirit so strong. We were not alone in watching them be baptized, many more were there in spirit, I felt it so strong!  I love being a missionary.  It is experiences like these that I would never trade for anything in the world. Tammy was able to be baptized for her mom and sister that died not too long ago! When we were driving home, Tammy wasn't saying very much and I asked her if she was tired, she said, "No I'm just happy, I'm very comforted." She then put her head on Sister Coleman's shoulder. What a beautiful day it was!

We visited a missionary couple later on that evening who I love to death! The Pulsipher's are truly a celestial couple and I love them both so much. The spirit in their home is like a wall that hits you and I have had so many answers to my prayers received there.  After we had dinner with them, we practiced with the elders the song we are singing in sacrament meeting. Later, while going down in the elevator with Sister Coleman, we called our next appointment and she was super sick and canceled.  So when we reached the 1st floor in the elevator, just before we were walking out to do our backup plan, I grabbed Sister Coleman's arm and said, "We should go back up to see the Pulsipher's." We went back up to the top and when the elevator doors opened the elders were standing there.  They were as confused as Sister Coleman was... I told them that we should go back. We went back and lightly tapped on the door and walked in (like we always do) and found Sister Pulsipher crying.  We sat down and it couldn't have been more perfect timed.  She asked us why we came back and they all looked at me and I said, "I don't know why exactly... But I do know that the spirit told me to return to Sister Pulsipher. The spirit is telling me right now that we need to be here." She paused and looked at her husband and then we had the most incredible experiences happen to us. The elders gave her a priesthood blessing.  Before we left, we sang "How Great Thou Art"... You could hear a pin drop in the room. I will never forget experiences like this, where I just don't think twice about the spirit and I act on it. EVERY TIME it’s a miracle!  It's all the spirit! I don't know what I would do without it and the guidance I receive!

I could go on and on, but my time is up! Overall... A spirit filled-exhausting week.  I love it!  I am so grateful for Sister Coleman as well, she is seriously my eternal best friend.  This week is going to be a killer week!  We can feel it. 

Until next time...

Sister Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment