Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Friday, June 19, 2015

Serving Others Is The Best!!


Transfer news: I will be staying with Sister Coleman here in Hamilton! I am so glad that I am staying and that we will continue to see miracles with the ward and the area. I love Sister Coleman so much and I am so excited to be with her for the next six weeks and to work in unity with the spirit to find those who are prepared for the gospel at this time, to help those who are lost come back and to bring the spirit in their life again, and to help the members feel the missionary spirit in their life!

After meeting "Whiskers" I found out I am allergic to cats!
We had a fun lunch with an older Polish lady who is just the cutest! She made sausage, hash browns, eggs, and toast. We set up a picnic outside under her canopy and booom.... Five minutes later a thunderstorm rolled in with black skies and it began to downpour. It was the best picnic rainstorm ever! We were just laughing and laughing and enjoyed sitting under the canopy while eating toast with homemade berry jam.  I am so thankful for ALL of God’s children! 

So our investigators are doing well! We taught Santi and Bony the Plan of Salvation and it was really neat! Bony understood everything and is so excited to meet again and Santi, well it kind of stuck and he kept asking, "But Sisters! What if they never have the chance to ever hear about the gospel? Will they be doomed?" "No Santi... Let's go over this again. Death isn't the end... In the spirit world...." Yes. We think that he got it after repeating the Plan of Salvation three times with him. Bony is awesome! That was the first lesson that Bony heard and he is so excited to see us tomorrow! They are doing awesome! Filipino's are just the cutest!

This week we did TONS of gardening!
For a total of 8 hours last week! I absolutely love gardening, it brings me a lot of peace just to be out in nature but more so, helping people. That's one thing that I have gained happiness in life, and really means a lot to me now. One of the people we gardened for was Lauraine [our investigator who is 73]. We met her a couple of weeks ago while helping older people do water coloring. J So while we were gardening, she asked us what we believe and we began talking about how God is our loving Heavenly Father and prophets. At the end of gardening she said, "Let's go out to lunch! Treats on me!" So we walked down the road and got pizza. While there, I pulled out the Restoration pamphlet (which I had a feeling to bring thankfully) and taught her! She said she will read the pamphlet the next day and that she's interested in learning more! She is a fireball and just hilarious. I sure love doing service for people [recent converts, investigators, members... you name it!] Canadians are just the best!

We went on exchanges again with the Oakville South Sisters before the transfer was over. Heavenly Father wanted Sister Coleman to go with Sister Sudweeks in her area, so Sister Barton came with me here in Hamilton! After we said a prayer just before we left, I looked at Sister Barton and said, "This is going to be a miracle day!" Sure enough... 30 minutes later we found Jessica! She was on the street getting out of her truck and we stopped and talked with her. She is 19 years old and has a 2 year old and lives with her boyfriend. We asked her, "You are just so happy Jessica, do you have a belief in God?" She said yes and began to tell us of a near death experience she had and that she knew that God was real. I looked at her and said, "There is a purpose that you are here Jessica, have you ever wondered what the purpose of life is?" She said yes and asked us if we had answers to that. Now, just picture two sister missionaries grinning from ear to ear and having the chance to share with her the purpose of life in the Plan of Salvation. We gave her the pamphlet and she said she will read it and invited us to come back next week! She is so cute and so redneck J Yes, one of the very few Canadians that wears camouflage! 

We taught Ricardo also on exchanges about the Word of Wisdom! He is awesome, but we came across a block in the road. He showed us his Pepsi that he was drinking and it had a 'kosher' symbol from Rabi's that approve that product or food (meaning there was alcohol). Sigh, it's hard to explain. I just bore my testimony to him saying, "Ricardo... I know that God gave the Word of Wisdom to Joseph Smith and that it is from God. If you know that Joseph Smith is a prophet, you'll know that everything else is true." We bore our testimonies a bit more and he asked us for a copy of D&C 89... We didn't argue. So we hope and pray it will be resolved! 

With it being Father's Day this upcoming Sunday, I am grateful for dad's all around the world. Most of all, I am so grateful for my dad! Dad: Thank you so much for your humility, patience, handwork, and love for the gospel. You truly are a disciple of Christ and have always been there for me in my life. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Also, Let us give to our Father in Heaven for everything that he has given us! How blessed we are to not only celebrate our earthly fathers but our heavenly one as well. The gift of faith is priceless! I have learned that we reach our true potential when the spirit is with us J I am so grateful for the promptings of the spirit and have learned just to ACT on them! DO IT! There are no regrets in just following your heart and the spirit. The blessings are countless... 
Until next time... 
Sister Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment