Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
I can't believe that Christmas is here already! I love the atmosphere around Christmas time and it's been so special on my mission.  I am separated from the world and don't worry about the 'hustle and bustle', but come closer to Christ everyday.  One thing that I have loved doing here on my mission is "Singing Tracting".  It's where we just knock on a door and begin to sing to whoever opens the door, so that's been fun this Christmas season!
We were able to meet with a former investigator last week! Her name is Hina.  She is Hindu I believe, and she is amazing!  She is truly searching for the truth and had a lot of questions for us. We are meeting with her tomorrow and will be teaching her the rest of the Restoration, so that will be great!  
Remember Loui and Faye from last month? AH! They are doing great!! They are super, super busy having 3 jobs and they were finally able to meet with us. We were able to have a lesson with them about the Plan of Salvation and they loved it. We will be having a lesson with them this week about temples and try to get them ready to go to the temple next month. It will be Faye's first time and Loui's second time but what is cool is that he has his mom and dad's names done!  So they can take their names to the temple with them!  I am so excited for them! J 
We bore testimony to a man who let us in while knocking on doors last night.  We testified to him of the Plan of Salvation and how his family can be together for eternity.  He loved the idea and said he would look into it, but doesn’t want us to teach him at this time.  At first I was bummed, but then I decided it was alright, God works little by little sometimes, and I have gained a great testimony about that in the past month.  I know that families can be together forever through our Father in Heavens restored power, called priesthood, again upon the Earth today restored through His prophet Joseph Smith!  Eternal families are sealed in the Temple, the house of God, and how I LOVE the knowledge of my family being eternal and being able to share it with others everyday!
So, I don't know if I said this last time but I AM IN A TRIO!!!  It's been crazy, but great!!  Sister Warbarton is the sister missionary in Oshawa (right next to my last area, Whitby). Her companion, Sister Wanlass just went home last week, so we are put into a trio until transfer calls next Sunday.  It has been CRAZY, working in two areas has been really hard, but it's been great.  We go from Ajax to Oshawa about every other day, doing our best to try and keep things going in both areas.
Sister Poettcker and I were able to do a "Free Hot Chocolate" stand with the Pickering Elders! We set up on Saturday right by the road next to the mall. Lots of people were in shock and didn't know what to do, so it was quite funny to see people reacting to us giving out free hot chocolate. We were able to hand out two Book of Mormon's and a lot of He Is The Gift cards J We also were able to sing at the corner of the street next to the mall and wave to the passing cars going by, it really made me happy.  We tried our best and gave it all we got, so that was fun!!

Lastly, I wanted to share a really neat experience. Sister Poettcker, Warbarton, and I with the other missionaries in the Oshawa area went caroling to investigators, less active, and members homes for a couple of nights.  On one night in particular, we sang at an investigator's house and they loved it!  Not only did they enjoy it, but their neighbors came out and wanted us to sing to them too!  Just as we were about to leave, the mother in the investigator's house came running out to us and gave me a hug with tears streaming down her face and said, "Thank you, Thank you!  You don't know how much that meant to me. I could hear everything downstairs and I began to cry, feeling something I haven’t for a very long time. No one has ever caroled to our house and it brought back so many Christmas memories.  I will never forget you missionaries!" and then she gave all of the sisters hugs and shook the elder's hands J  It was an amazing experience. You can really feel the spirit through music and singing, especially during the Christmas season. There is never a more exciting and welcoming time for the spirit to touch everyone's hearts! J

I am so thankful for this time of year that we have to more fully celebrate our Saviors birth.  It is the most wonderful time of year because it is full of so much love, peace and hope of a brighter tomorrow.  Because of Him we can return to live with Heavenly Father and our families and friends for Eternity.  I know that He lives!  I know that He loves me and He loves you!  Something that stood out to me this year is that when we celebrate Christ's birth we don't just celebrate his birth but his whole life. We celebrate what we know will come with his earthy ministry, atonement, suffering on the cross and his glorious resurrection.
I love you all so much and hope you have a very Merry Christmas as we celebrate what our Savior has done for you and for me.
Merry Christmas and until next time...
Sister Robb




No comments:

Post a Comment