Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, November 17, 2014

Winter Wonders in Canada!

The snow has arrived, and will not stop! The Canadians think I'm crazy because I love snow so much J  

First things first... I am getting transferred! I will be moving to Ajax. Thankfully, It's only 30 minutes away from Whitby.  I will be with Sister Poettcker, who has been in Ajax, while her companion will now be moving to be with Sister Duran here in Whitby. I have been able to get to know Sister Poettcker during this last transfer and cannot wait to see what is in store for us. I am so happy I will still be in the same district, so I will see Sister Duran each week, I will really miss her! It is hard for me to leave people that I have come to know and love but each time that I am moved I know that it's Heavenly Father guiding me to where I am supposed to be under the direction of my mission president. How grateful I am to know that each area in which I have served is where I am meant to be.

Now you may be wondering what the meeting was that I attended last Thursday. It was a special training meeting called, "The Work of Salvation in the Canada Toronto Mission." All of the Zone Leaders, District Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, and those missionaries who are training were there. You might be saying then why was I there? I still have no idea. I was not a trainer or anything and yet I was the only one who wasn't a trainer there. One thing that I know for sure is that I was so honored, privileged and blessed to be there. I am changed because of this meeting.

Some very special people were at this special meeting! Brother Donaldson and Brother Heaton. Brother Donaldson served as a mission president while they filmed the District 2! He serves now over the church by looking at the different missions from North America and Canada. Brother Heaton has also served in many different callings and also served as a mission president before. He is now one of the people of the MTC.  So basically they both serve important roles in the church, and are AMAZING. President and Sister Clayton also taught us during this meeting.

They talked about some HUGE changes that will be happening in the mission starting November 25th & 26th at the Zone Conference coming up quickly. They brought all of the leaders (and me) to teach us of these new changes, for example, there will be a new key indicator for Recent Converts/Less Actives coming to church. I will be able to go into more detail after Zone Conference on November 25th & 26th. All I am saying is that there will be some changes in the mission! I know that what I had a chance to learn about is from the Lord. He knows that the mission needs something new and has laid down the basic fundamentals by President Scott (previous mission president). Now is the time to bring forth what this mission has been needing, to see many miracles and blessings coming forth.

This meeting changed me. We talked about being a Full Purpose missionary (Our purpose is to invite others [less actives, recent converts, investigators, and even members] to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end {PMG Ch. 1}). One thing that really strengthened my testimony of the Savior was a question that Brother Donaldson asked, "Can you access the power of the Atonement without ordinances?" Wow. He then began talking about the word Endure and how it means End with the 'Endowment' and began to go crazy all over the chalkboard with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Emphasizing how it is like stairs, with faith being the first, repentance next, and so forth. The word repent means to "get back on the path" and how sin "gets us off the path".

One funny thing Brother Donaldson said was, "If you are passing by someone on the street... Are they a member of the church?" We were all confused what he was meaning. An elder shouted, "No but they are our brother or sister!" He then said that, "Everyone is a member! We all were 'Pre-mortal' Latter-day Saints!" Funny, we all just laughed and laughed.  That's one thing I have realized is that everyone here on the earth is 'a member', our brother and sister, and we are here to help them with this 'blind' test here on earth.  We are giving people the opportunity to bring to their remembrance the knowledge we have gained in this earthly life to be able to live permanently with our Heavenly Father. We came here to this earth without any remembrance of the plan, without heavenly parents, without Christ, without anything.  We gained a body, our spirits, and the chance to be tested to return back to our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for this knowledge that I have gained and that I have the opportunity to talk with as many of my brothers and sisters about where we came from, what our purpose here in life is, and where we will be going. I am so fortunate to be able to help others strengthen their faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. I am truly so grateful to be serving a mission here in Canada. I love it so much and try and live each day like it was my last!

This week has been amazing! We had our open house on Sunday, and It went great! Even though there was a ton of snow, there was a great turnout. I know that this was the perfect activity to get the ward involved and to bond with one another. We have been working on this open house for weeks! Doing boards, handing out a couple thousand of invitations (at least it seemed like that), and figuring out a chapel tour.  All of the hard work paid off, as it was a huge success J

This week I have been thinking and reflecting a lot about my mission. I first wondered, why Canada? After thinking about it, I feel that I am in the best mission in the world! I am truly honored to serve where Joseph Smith served. Ontario is truly such a special place, the people, spirit, and culture is amazing here! I know that I am meant to be here. I know that I have planted so many seeds, so far, in Canada.  Most of all, I have come so much closer to Christ.  I know that He lives! He is my Savior, my brother, and Redeemer. I have felt the power of the Atonement change me so much while being on my mission. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice that he has made for me, for you, and for everyone. I have felt that as I have taught people about Jesus Christ, when I invite one of my brothers or sisters to pray to Heavenly Father, to read from the Book of Mormon, to come to church and partake of the sacrament, or to do anything... I know that I am helping them apply the Atonement in their life by changing their old behavior and trying to change their life. Jesus Christ is truly with us. He is my best friend and I know that he carries me through the hardest times and is cheering me on in the best of times. I am and will forever be eternally grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my everything, helping me return to live back with my Father in Heaven. "I Know that My Redeemer Lives!"

Until next time...
Sister Robb


No comments:

Post a Comment