Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, November 10, 2014

Look For The Blessings

Hello!
So I got some news!  The zone leaders in our area called Sister Duran and I and said they needed to talk to me.  They said that I need to go up north to Brampton this Thursday (3 days before transfer calls) and go to a 'special training'.  I thought they were joking but they weren't!  Sister Duran said that she has never heard of this special training, we asked around with other missionaries and no one really knows!  So a heads up... I might be training next transfer!  I will update everyone next week about transfer calls and what the special training was for!

One thing that hasn't changed is my burning passion for missionary work.  Sister Duran and I went tracting for an hour when it was -1 degrees Celsius the other night!  As the weather gets colder and colder here in Canada, it makes me more determined to share the gospel.  I serve him with absolutely EVERYTHING that I am! I've learned throughout my life and especially while I've been serving a mission, that if you want something to change, if you want to see the hand of God in your day more, then look for it!  Be more sincere and keep his commandments, it's simple, just do the things He wants you to.  I love this Gospel so much!

Johan has been super sick the past week and was out of town to help his mom and his sister with some family things, so hopefully we can teach him this week!

Merylon's Birthday Party
We went to Merylon's 8th birthday party! Before we celebrated, we taught her and her family about the restoration, it was amazing!  I cannot wait to continue teaching them.

I had a cool experience with a prompting from the spirit.  Sister Duran and I had appointment after appointment cancel, so I called up some potential investigators!  I flipped open the book we had and started looking at the names and was lead right to this one lady.  Her name is Terra.  We called her and she said that her friend died just a couple of weeks ago and that she had been really down lately.  She had prayed that morning for some help and her prayers were answered!  We called her and she told us to come by.  We went in and she told us that she is native and that the last time the missionaries were here, she shut the door on them so letting us in was a big deal.  We taught her about the Book of Mormon and how Christ came and visited the people in the Americas and she loved it!  She wanted to read it because she said she knew that their had to be a record of the people in the Americas.  She let us know that she is moving so we now have the opportunity to help her this week.

This week consisted of tracting, finding, raking people's leaves, moving Sister Nethercott's yard, and visiting many of the less-actives.   Always opportunities for service, which makes this calling so great!

Even though it is getting colder and colder outside, my heart is always warm when I am sharing the gospel with Heavenly Father's children.  I am truly so grateful to be a missionary in the Canada Toronto mission.  I have felt and experienced the spirit everyday being out here.  I have prayed about Joseph Smith and my prayers have been answered and confirmed to me that he was a prophet and restored the Church of Jesus Christ in these Latter-days.  I am so grateful for the countless blessings and trust that Heavenly Father has given me.  I know that I am not perfect... but as long as I do my best, Heavenly Father will do the rest.   


Until next time...

Sister Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment