Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, December 14, 2015

What MY mission means to me


First off, we had an incredible week and I felt so blessed to see so many miracles, yet again, and teach 30 lessons! Some of my favorite moments this week:

As we walked to an appointment at the library, we met a man on the bridge crossing a river named Brenden. He had just began putting Christ in his life about two years ago and as we talked with him, you can tell he wants to follow Christ J So we invited him to come to the library with us and we were able to read out of the Book of Mormon with him and our two returning members. In the end, we showed "A Savior Is Born" video and he couldn't stop but smiling. As I looked at him, I felt the joy of someone coming unto Christ. A feeling that is priceless to me. It was incredible! He can't wait to go to YSA and learn more about the Restoration.

We had a special Christmas Cantata night here in Oshawa for the stake. It was just so special. Just before the performance, we were able to teach Dennis. Ah... He just melts my heart.  We talked about the Word of Wisdom and he is excited to fully live it and said, "Sisters... I can do this. I am going to quit today.  I know that as I read the literature and pray to God, I will feel his love. I can do it." Shortly after, during the Cantata, I began to tear up when I heard Dennis behind me sniffling and tearing up at the Christmas music that we were hearing. He was touched by the spirit... and so was I J 

Some things that I have learned and what my mission means to me: 

[turning outward] I have learned that this wasn't MY mission. As I have learned to turn outward and not inward, I have come closer to Christ in ways I know I couldn't have done on my own. Having the chance to do the Work of Salvation has truly helped me to see this--as we work hand in hand with our Savior, Jesus Christ, we begin to feel like a 'full purpose missionary' and SEE the countless miracles as we are an instrument in His Hands. My mission scripture I chose before serving a mission was Alma 29:9, "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." I have felt this joy! Pure happiness! This scripture has impacted my life and has completely changed my view of Christ's Atonement.  Getting the chance to invite others to Christ and having the opportunity and privilege to see this change is priceless.  Applying Christ's Atonement every day and turning outward has made an impact on my soul and I am forever grateful for that.

[the spirit] I have loved getting the chance of serving in one of the most diverse places in the world!  As I have had the chance to talk with so many people from all of the world... I know that Heavenly Father's loves ALL of His children.  It has been so special. No matter where they come from or what religious background they have, being able to see them as a spirit has taught me so many things. As I do this, I have learned to rely on the spirit to know what to do or say, which has required me to know how the spirit works with ME.  I know that without the spirit, we couldn't do missionary work!  It's all guided by Heavenly Father and I am SO grateful for him. Now knowing the pureness of the Restored Gospel has become a reality for me. The only way I know everything I do now, is because of the spirit.

[Love] My mission means everything to me!  I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with all of my heart.  I feel I can say that I am beginning to become a refined disciple of Jesus Christ. Like Peter, I can now say, "...Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." (Matthew 16:16) and I feel eternally indebted to my Heavenly Father because I have felt it from the spirit and I cannot deny it. Wearing a name badge with your name and Christ's is a sacred privilege and opportunity that I have cherished every second here in Ontario.  Serving a mission has connected me to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in ways that are indescribable.  Love is everything to me and I am going to do EVERYTHING I can to return back to live with Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ, Because of my intense love for them.
Rosita that I taught in another area was Baptized!
I am so happy for her!!
I cannot wait to apply everything that I have learned the rest of my life so I can live with them again, along with my brothers and sisters.  I am going to do all that I can to ALWAYS invite others to come unto Christ, "...for the worth of souls is great in the sight of God" (D&C 18:10). I know that this gospel is true. I know that Heavenly Father loves us.  I cannot wait to throw my arms around him one day and hug him. I know that Jesus Christ is our literal Savior, we are healed, clean, strong, and peaceful as we apply the atonement every day in our life. Lastly... I will forever love and cherish the memories I hold close to my heart from serving in the Canada Toronto Mission.
Love to ALL.......See you Friday!! 

Sister Robb                          

No comments:

Post a Comment