Mission Picture top blog

Mission Picture top blog

Monday, July 7, 2014

I LOVE the MTC!

I want to start off by saying, THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

Words cannot even describe the MTC! I absolutely love it! The spirit is so strong here... I have honestly loved every minute of it. I know I am supposed to be here. To be a missionary. Everyone here just makes you smile and I feel like I belong. Everyone here goes by Sister and Elder (of course) and it took me a day to get used to it but it's so natural now. My companion's name is Sister Sudweeks. She is from Idaho and she is shy but I talk a lot so... We balance each other out quite nicely. I know we were meant for each other. The other sisters in our district is Sister Maas and Sister Lundin. They are hilarious and keep us laughing. Overall... The sisters in our districts are amazing and I love each of them. The MTC is GREAT! OH! I have already received a calling...I am Sister Training Leader for our zone! I cannot wait! I'll tell you more about it more next week. Lets just say that I am just a little... okay... REALLY excited to be a leader for all of the sisters! 

I have been told that the third day in the MTC is the hardest... but it wasn't for me. I had the most spiritual experience and will always remember it. Sister Sudweeks and I were role playing in our classroom. She was her "investigator" (a person she knows who isn't apart of the gospel) and we would practice with each other with lessons. My "investigator" was afraid of water and unfortunately did not want to get baptized. I closed my eyes, let my spirit guide me to know what is best for her, and opened my heart to her. I had only known her for a minute and I had already loved my "investigator". I then felt the spirit tell me to "comfort her, know I will be bedside her--if she is faithful, she will rejoice and be happy." I bore my testimony by my spirit. I began realizing that Heavenly Father put the words to my mouth... It was absolutely incredible. The spirit was so strong. It felt as if Christ was putting his arm around me and listening with a smile on his face. I then finished off with a scripture, D&C 100:12, "Therefore continue your journey and let your heart rejoice, for behold, and lo, I am with you until the end." After finishing, I began to cry. My heart was so full and my spirit felt as if it was going to burst out of my chest. Sister Sudweeks was crying too... It was a tender experience.

The 4th of July was great! The MTC has a special devotional for the missionaries. Some things that I never realized was, "Our Savior is the reason we have freedom. Freed from sin. Free from natural man. Free to chose. Free to be with God again." So let us come unto Him... He brought all souls to freedom. Then to top off the devotional we watched 17 Miracles. Lastly... We were able to watch the fireworks! It was such a fun and inspirational night. 

Now to Sunday... Where do I even begin?! It was a very touching experience. It was Fast Sunday and one of the most spiritual Fast Sundays I have ever experienced in my life. Sister Maas woke up sick and had the worst cough and sore throat. She then got permission from our President to allow our elders in our district to give her a priesthood blessing. None of the elders had ever given a priesthood blessing before ever until yesterday. I can testify that the power of the priesthood is real. As the elders gave the blessings... I felt the spirit so strong. The sisters hugged each other and the elders hugged each other. It strengthened my testimony that the priesthood was really restored to this earth and it is such a blessing in our lives. Later, we had our sacrament meeting. It was such a neat experience. Our zone (about 30-40 of us) was able to stand up and bear a short testimony. I am so grateful that we can all go to church each week to partake of the sacrament, ponder on our week, and come closer to Christ. W

e ended off the day by attending a Sunday Devotional where a pianist named Josh Wright came and bore his testimony, not only through words, but through music. One thing he said that stood out to me was, "How much do you love the Lord?" I can say, as Sister Robb, that I love my Lord, my Savior, brother, and best friend. I hope as you ask yourself this daily, that you can draw nearer unto the Lord.

After we watched a video called "Character of Christ" by David A. Bednar last night... it is AMAZING. You need to watch it. There is so much doctrine and insights that opened my spirit to my Savior that I am a changed person. I know and love my Savior with all of my heart. Please, please, please watch it! 


I am memorizing the baptismal invitation, the missionary purpose, and Joseph Smiths vision... But I have also been converted by the doctrine of Christ. I know that the church is true. I not only know it but I LOVE it. 3 Nephi 5:13 reads, "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." I love being a missionary and serving for my Lord and cannot wait what is in store for me.

Love all of you! Thank you so much for your love and support! Until next time...


Sister Robb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment